Mediation to create or change a parenting plan for couples who have never married

If you have never been married but have a child together, you can and should create a Parenting Plan that protects and places parameters around the time-sharing schedule for each parent. This is accomplished by filing a Petition to Establish Paternity to set up that time-sharing schedule and calculate child support according to the Florida guideline worksheet.

Parents would meet together in Mediation to create a Parenting Plan that works for them and their child/children. A mediated agreement can be filed with the court to legally establish a Parenting Plan and Support. There is no need for hiring attorneys if you both can work to come to an agreement on these changes.

Find out more about Parenting Plans and assistance offered by Mediation and Counseling Consultants.  

For more information on establishing Paternity: